M&C Group Engineers prepare the optimum structural configuration of ship dimensions by taking the type of cargo and type of the ship as reference.
Their aims are to use minimum amount of material, to comply with the rules of Classification Society, to develop special details in critical areas of fatigue and corrosion, to develop the most suitable structural configuration for workmanship and vibration.
The scope of services of structural design includes:
• Design of Midship and typical transverse section details
• Design of ship structure and preparation of general steel construction drawings
• Preparation of shell expansion and framing system
• Preparation of engine room, foundation of main engine and other machinery equipment
• Preparation of fore and aft structural drawings
• Design of signal masts and crane columns
• Design of hatch covers and ramp
• Various Conversion Projects (Tanker to Bitumen Carriers, OBO to Tanker Vessels….)
• Mooring Modifications
• Stern Line Retrofit Projects