The new European Ship Recycling Regulation (EUSRR) entered into force at the end of 2013, and the Hong Kong International Convention for the safe Environmentally Sound Recycling of Ships (HKC) was adopted in MAY 2009. Both of these regulations place responsibility on Shipowners, Shipbuilders, suppliers, recycling facilities and national authorities to ensure the safe environmentally viable management of HazMats as well as the sustainable recycling of Ships.
A fundamental requirement of these regulations is the documentation of Hazardous Materials onboard ships. New and existing ships of 500 GT and above will have to carry an Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM) and the related International Certificate of Inventory of Hazardous Materials (ICIHM) onboard. This means that over 50,000 ships will have to comply with regulation.
The IHM Consists of three (3) Parts:
PART I: Hazardous materials contained in the Ship’s Structure and equipment
PART II: Operationally generated wastes
PART III: Stores
(PART II & III Should be prepared only prior Recycling)
M&C GROUP provided services
To ensure smooth compliance and certification, we offer expert solutions for drawing up your IHM.
Our Company’s Naval Architects / Engineers have been certified as “Approved Hazmat Experts” by DNV-GL and we may assist you to be among the first Shipping Companies with an effective process for generation correct IHMs.
Your Company’s Benefits
• Be in line with current and upcoming legal regulations
• Prepare for compliance with regional requirements, such as EU regulations
• Maintain your image as a Green Company
• Gain a higher resale value
• Avoid the rush after entry into force and potentional detains by Port State Controls
• Enjoy a smooth IHM preparation and certification process
• Immediately enhance the work environmental on board ship
• Mitigate risks for Health and Environment